LFA Digital Festival | Photography competition
ON THE POWER OF AN IMAGE: PHOTOGRAPHY, ARCHITECTURE AND COMMUNITY
What images come to mind when we hear ‘architectural photography’? Are they dazzling geometric patterns, fall of light in space, or heroic views of a building? While all these compositions serve a purpose, they rarely reflect how people use the space. The understanding to the role of architecture are often reduced to aesthetics, as glossy marketing photos remain the primary narrative.
Our homes should always be a refuge, not a prison. At a time when we are spending a lot more of our lives indoors, we invite you to submit a different kind of architectural photography. One that reveal aspects of architecture that positively contribute to your everyday life. These could be spaces that bring the family together, a window that lets you check-in with your neighbour, or a porch light that lets you know someone is waiting for your safe return.
CZWG Architects believe the monoculture of architectural photography that focus on Modernist representations has a significant impact on the way architects design, and how buildings are understood by the public. This competition intends to engage in a different dialogue when considering space and its interactions with people and community.
In collaboration with LFA (London Festival of Architecture) and responding to this year’s theme of Power, we hope to reveal the potential and power of alternative architectural images through this photography competition.
Please refer to Submission Guidelines for requirements and conditions.
• Dirk Lindner, Architectural Photographer
• Jacquelyn Jubert, Gallery Director at Anise Gallery
• Piers Gough, Director CZWG Limted
A 12 month gift subscription to British Journal of Photography for up to (5) winners at the judge's discretion.
• The competition requires a single image (max 10MB), accompanying title, and up to 100 words to support the image or provide context if appropriate.
• Competition is open to all. A single entry per person will be accepted, for multiple entries, the latest submitted entry will be considered.
• Each entry must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the deadline (by Noon 15th June 2020 Monday).
• Photomanipulation / Photoshop will be considered as long as photo / source material are entirely of the entrant’s authorship.
• By participating in the competition, we reserve the right to reproduce or display all entries for the purpose of marketing and / or sale of artwork for charity benefits.
• Competition Announced: 25th May 2020 Monday
• Competition Deadline: Noon 15th June 2020 Monday
• Announce Shortlist: 19th June 2020 Friday on Instagram
• Announce Winner(s): 26th June 2020 Friday on Instagram
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting to the competition, you confirm that you are the copyright holder of the image and that the image is entirely your original work.
2. Entrants retain all copyright over any images submitted. By entering you agree for your images to be used by CZWG Limited for the purpose of promoting the competition, including sharing the image across our social platforms. Shortlisted images may also be displayed in an exhibition / auction following the end of the competition with all proceeds towards a local charity organisation to be selected.
3. Any personal data required for the sending of prizes, acquisition of images and the organising of events is collected and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We do not disclose data to any third parties unless disclosure is necessary for the fulfilment of a service or prize.
4. It is the entrant’s responsibility to ensure that any image submitted is law abiding and does not breach local and UK Regulations.
5. It is the entrant’s responsibility to provide contact information and details for the prize.
6. CZWG Limited reserves the right to modify these terms and conditions at any time.
HBBE panel discussion | Putting Biotechnologies into Practice in the Built Environment210630
CZWG Director Anna Ifanti has been shortlisted for a Greek International Women Award210211
Studio 144 shortlisted for Planning Awards for the best use of arts, culture and sport in placemaking190325
Southern Housing Group achieves planning for Shoreham Regeneration Scheme 'Free Wharf'180809